[gst-devel] Caps problem when writing encoder/decoder

Hunterwood markus.jagerskogh at imentum.se
Tue May 18 12:53:22 CEST 2010

Hi Sudarshan,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have read through the pwg and also had a look at the list in the link you
passed.

But I can't see why it is not working. I <u>have</u> tried with defined
types aswell; audio/x-alaw and audio/x-ac3, but using theese gives the same
error as using an undefined type.

The goal of my project to get an encoder and a decoder for audio/G719, which
also is a real MIME-type, although not in the list of defined types.

Why doesn't it work to use the types alaw and ac3? Does GStreamer validate
the data against the specified type?
How can I add a new type to GStreamer?

Regards,
Markus