[gst-devel] gstreamer with libvdpau.

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Thu May 20 08:14:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le 20 mai 10 à 07:52, mohammmed akhil a écrit :

> I am a noob in gstreamer. I want to know how to play gstreamer using
> libvdpau,so that i can use Nvidia graphic accelerator capabilities
> to play full hd content. Any help will be highly appreciated. I have
> ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu 10.04 machines.

3 solutions, probably listed from the least to the most functional, by
default, currently, and out-of-the box:
- There is an MPEG-2 decoder using VDPAU in gst-plugins-bad + patches
to gst-ffmpeg
- gstreamer-vaapi + vdpau-video
- Fluendo's codec pack supporting both VA-API and VDPAU

BTW, the GStreamer stack on Ubuntu 9.04 looks ancient. So, Totem
probably won't work out-of-the box. 9.10 or 10.04 are fine.

Regards,
Gwenole.