[gst-devel] Stream not getting played when fed in a FIFO

souvikdatta souvik.datta at wipro.com
Tue May 18 09:58:33 CEST 2010

Hello,
I am writing an application in which I am using playbin to wait on one end
of a FIFO and on the other end I am feeding MP3 streams coming over
internet. Although it starts playing but after some time the audio becomes
choppy and finally the audio output stops . I have noticed that feeding of
data in the FIFO continuously happens all this time but no audio is hard.
I am developing this application on Ubunutu.
Can some one please suggest what could be the reason? Please note, I have
even tried buffering the data ( upto 128K) before feeding data to the pipe ,
but the observation is found to be same.

Regards,
Souvik