[gst-devel] Videomixing two/multiple webcams side by side

scottmil scottmil at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:45:37 CEST 2010

Well for some reason when I used to have only one "mix." it would crash.  So,
I went ahead and gave it a try with only one and walla it worked.  I'm not
sure why it did this time and not before, must have been something else I
had changed.

Working command is:

gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! videobox left=-320 border-alpha=0 !
queue ! videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink v4l2src
device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! videobox left=0
! queue ! mix.

Now I need to figure out if there is a way to synchronize the streams.  I've
tried sync=false and sync=true parameters with xbimagesink.  Anyone have any
ideas.  I also tried fiddling with setting x_pos in the videomixer instead
of the videobox, but that caused crashes too.

P.S.  You guys absolutely rock!

Scott