[gst-devel] Video 3D support

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Wed May 26 03:12:12 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Martin Bisson <martin.bisson at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, this makes more sense...  I've started to experiment with the
> 3 new caps I've mentioned, but it would be simpler/better to use that
> layout.  It would still avoid the compatibility problems with elements that
> currently handle video/x-raw-yuv.

You still may need an intervening element to deinterlace the stereo
video stream for existing elements that handle video/x-raw-yuv.
Interleaved (including side-by-side and top-bottom) video complicates
the identification of adjacent pixels. Not all elements can simply
pass off interleaved stereo video as non-stereo video. A naive blur
filter applied to side-by-side and top-bottom interleaved stereo video
would result in blurring together each channel's adjacent edges.
Row-by-row interleaved video would be destroyed!

--
http://codebad.com/