[gst-devel] gstreamer issue with bluetooth

satish kumar gsatish10 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 11:17:57 CEST 2010

 Hi all

 I need "aplay" command format to play audio song in BT headset (what are
presettings to play headset
   I am palying giving following commands.

   Killall hcid
   uim /dev/ttyO1 3686400 none /sys/uim/pid &
   hciconfig hci0 up
   hciconfig -a
   hcid -s -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

   and I am giving amixer seting commands as per I3.7-Pre2 release.

amixer cset name='HandsfreeL Mux' 2
amixer cset name='HandsfreeL Switch' 1
amixer cset name='HandsfreeR Mux' 2
amixer cset name='HandsfreeR Switch' 1
amixer cset name='DAC2 Analog Playback Volume' 16 amixer cset name='HeadsetL
Mixer AudioL2' 1 amixer cset name='HeadsetR Mixer AudioR2' 1 amixer cset
name='Analog Left Main Mic Capture Switch' 1 amixer cset name='Analog Right
Sub Mic Capture Switch' 1 amixer cset name='Analog Left Headset Mic Capture
Switch' 1

Once it is done I am paring headset to zoom3 Device.
When I am playing "gst-launch filesrc location"

  gst-launch filesrc location=satish/track4.mp3 ! mp3parse ! goodec_mp3 ! a
  lsasink device=bluetooth

I am getting the error as

   MP3 Decoder string device :i/:o//codec Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSink:alsasink0: Could not
open  audio device for playback.
Additional debug info:
gstalsasink.c(690): gst_alsasink_open ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSink:als
asink0:
Playback open error on device 'bluetooth': No such file or directory Setting
pipeline to NULL ...
Total time: 0.000000 seconds
Freeing pipeline ...
˜7
µ„<@˜7

I am using gstreamer 0.10 version
Linux 2.6.32 RC7 kernel
Board is  zoom3.

Can you please help me out what are reasons for the above error.

And I am giving aplay command in the following format.
 Aplay -D bluetooth track4.wav

I am getting error as

 ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluetooth
 aplay: main:608: audio open error: No such file or directory

Thank you
Regards
Satish.G