[gst-devel] Issues in rtpbin ( jitterbuffer)

hvarrier hemavarrier at gmail.com
Fri May 28 15:54:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am having some issues in the live streaming using rtp in Gstreamer.

I am trying to stream the live capture using a custom made pipeline given
below:

Sender

gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 do-timestamp=true  !
"video/x-raw-yuv,width=(int)320, height=(int)240,framerate=(fraction)30/1" !
"custom videoenc" ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! udpsink host=192.168.1.57 port=3334
alsasrc device="hw:1,0" do-timestamp=true ! queue ! audioresample ! alawenc
! queue ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.57 port=3332

Receiver

gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc port=3334 caps="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264" !
gstrtpjitterbuffer latency=150 ! rtph264depay ! "video/x-h264,
width=(int)320, height=(int)240, framerate=(fraction)30/1" ! "custom
videodec" ! autovideosink udpsrc port=3332 caps="application/x-rtp,
media=(string)audio , clock-rate=(int)8000, encoding-name=(string)PCMA,
payload=(int)8" ! gstrtpjitterbuffer latency=150 ! rtppcmadepay !  alawdec !
alsasink

No A/V sync is there.Its trying to sync in between, but Audio comes ahead of
video ( 1 second ahead).

After the jitterbuffer element in the receiver pipeline,I noticed that more
than one buffers are having the same timestamp although incoming
timestamp to the jitterbuffer is increasing and different).What does this
mean? Is this causing problem..

Just for checking the rtpjitter buffer timestamp repeation, I tried out
using rtpbin also.
The pipeline is taken from the examples of gst-plugins-good/examples/rtp.
Here also timestamps gets repeated for more than one packet after
jitterbuffer.
I am using rtpbin element for live streaming of h264video and AAc audio
content.
There are lot of packet drops in video and a latency of ~3 seconds with no
A/V sync.

One more doubt I am having is, in the above custom pipeline I am not using
rtcp. Would it be the cause of not getting a/V sync.
Is it necessary to use rtpbin/rtsp server to get A/V sync?
I am having just one video and one audio captured at the same time ( not
multiple streams).
What is the importanc eof having rtcp in this..
Could any one help in this regard.

Thanks in advance,
Hema