[gst-devel] [ffdec_h264] problem with timestamps? (Thomas Loewe)

Thomas Loewe lazyt at gmx.net
Fri Nov 5 13:28:21 CET 2010

Hi Ivan,

> ffdec_h264 is working fine.

I don't know if the problem really comes from ffdec_h264, but other non h264
streams are working fine in my app (streaming client for satellite
receivers). At the moment mpeg2 sd-streams are working fine, h264 hd-streams
are unusable and the only element changed in the pipeline is mpeg2dec ->
ffdec_h264.

> Maybe you just miss a queue element in your pipeline.

Before posting here i have tested queues at several positions in the
pipeline - this doesn't change anything. The posted example was only the
minimal pipeline for testing.

There are also lots of "GST_EVENT gstevent.c:847:gst_event_new_qos: creating
qos proportion 2,305689, diff 784089392, timestamp 0:00:02.019711111"
messages. I don't know if this is important to analyse the problem.

I can upload a testfile (recorded transportstream of hd-channel from astra)
if this helps...

Thomas