[gst-devel] Gstreamer broken after automatic update

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Fri Nov 5 13:42:57 CET 2010

On 05/11/10 11:02, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 11:00 +0100, Andres Gonzalez wrote:
>> [...]
>> ii  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0
>> 0.10.30.4-1~lucid2
>> [...]
>> (gst-plugin-scanner:4584): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
>> '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtdemux.so':
>> /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstqtdemux.so: undefined symbol:
>> gst_codec_utils_aac_get_sample_rate_from_index
>> [...]
> This looks like you have a custom GStreamer core/base version
> in /usr/local

Thanks, Sebastian.

That was true. There were gstreamer shared objects in /usr/local/lib and
/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10.
It is curious, because they were created before I had the last problem I
posted to the list, which was solved after "make uninstall" of the
source code I have compiled and installed (and everything was working fine).

Now comes the funny part. Today, I tried to "make uninstall" all the
gstreamer sources I had. But afterwards, the shared objects remained in
/usr/local. So I removed them manually. I also removed
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/gstreamer.conf, which containied "/usr/local/lib". And
*then* I remembered that some (not all, but some) of the sources  were
configured with "--prefix=/usr" (yes, I also remember your mail telling
me explicitly not to make uninstall these ones).

Finally, I have "apt-get install --reinstall"ed  all gstreamer packages
and now totem works fine.
The problem is that I cannot compile the other program (qt-playbin)
because gstinterfaces-0.10 is not found (even after reinstalling
plugins-base).

Regards,
Andrés