[gst-devel] rtp transmit occur "not-negotiated (-4)" error

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:51:51 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM, guodecn <guo.dehua at zxelec.com> wrote:

> Hi,sudarshan bisht, Marco Ballesio,
> Thanks for your reply.
> Follow sudarshan bisht's advice, I have add the h264parse plugin between
> h264depay and decodebin.
> Follow Marco Ballesio's advice ,I have delete the udpsink's property
> sync=false, and delete the redundant caps:ssrc clock-base and sequm-base.
> As do above, the same error is still exist.
>
> server:
> gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc ! x264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink
> host=127.0.0.1 port=40000
>
> client:
> gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc
>
> caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encoding-name=(string)H264,payload=(int)96"
> port=40000 ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

this is better:

gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=40000 !
"application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encoding-name=(string)H264,payload=(int)96"
! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

if you have a depayloader, you don't need the parser. However, the issue was
the place you've set the "port" property.

btw unless you have a light-speed machine you'll see frame drops. In such a
case, relaxing the buffers lateness constraints on the xvimagesinksync will
help (max-lateness=10000000000). I don't suggest you to set sync=false there
if one day you'll want to stream audio as well.

Another note: you don't need to use a decodebin in the receiving pipeline.
Something like ffdec_h264 will be enough.

Regards