[gst-devel] python2.7 bindings

Hoyt, David hoyt6 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 11 01:55:48 CET 2010

>>> Are there any plans to release some python2.7 bindings using ossbuild?
>>> (any approximate release schedule?)
>>> Are there any known issues? Is building documented anywhere I've missed?
>>
>> It's probably not appropriate to hijack the gstreamer mailing list for ossbuild-related issues. Please file an issue (bug report/feature  enhancement request) at http://BLOCKEDcode.google.com/p/ossbuild/issues/entry (our email filter might add the word "blocked" to that url -- please remove it). We can discuss it from there. Thanks!
>
> Sorry about that, I didn't realize there was a seperate mailing list for
> release schedule information related questions.

OSSBuild is a separate, independent project and not an official GStreamer Windows build. At some point it'd be nice for that to happen, but there's still lots of work to be done before it can be accepted as such. Its main point is to provide builds of open source software -- not necessarily GStreamer-only (although at this point, realistically, that's what it's mainly targeting). It doesn't currently have a mailing list, so filing an issue on the Google code site and then starting a discussion there is how it's handled (for now). Hope that provides a bit more clarity (it's admittedly confusing).