[gst-devel] Introducing delay in a video via a queue

Prins, M.J. (Martin) martin.prins at tno.nl
Fri Nov 12 11:37:26 CET 2010

Hello,

I want to introduce a fixed amount of delay in a generated video signal
(for instance 4 secs).
What I am currently trying is creating two video signals signals with a
timeoverlay, and combining these in the videomixer, such that I can
easily see the introduced delay. For one of the generated signals I
insert a queue, which I should be able to introduce the delay with (via
the min-treshold-time parameter).
However when I launch the setup, the displayed clocks are still in sync.

What am I doing wrong?

I use the following command:

gst-launch-0.10 -vvv videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
videotestsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv, width=350,height=250 ! timeoverlay !
videobox border-alpha=0 top=-50 left=-50 ! mix. \ videotestsrc pattern=0
! video/x-raw-yuv, width=350,height=250 ! timeoverlay ! queue
max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-bytes=0
min-threshold-time=4000000000 ! videobox border-alpha=0 top=-50
left=-450 ! mix.

Kind regards,

Martin Prins

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html