[gst-devel] Trying to transcode from NUV to h.264

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Nov 14 21:10:15 CET 2010

I'm trying to use variations on the nuvdemux node, but it seems that I
just can't get a sample video to play from a MythTV file.

I've tried the following:
gst-launch -v filesrc location=fname.nuv ! nuvdemux name=demux
demux.audio_00 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
autoaudiosink   demux.video_00 ! queue ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videoscale ! autovideosink

gst-launch -v filesrc location=fname.nuv ! nuvdemux name=demux
demux.audio_00 ! autoaudiosink   demux.video_00 ! queue ! decodebin !
ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! autovideosink

gst-launch -v filesrc location=fname.nuv ! nuvdemux name=demux
demux.audio_00 ! autoaudiosink   demux.video_00 ! autovideosink

gst-launch -v filesrc location=fname.nuv ! playbin

gst-launch -v filesrc location=fname.nuv ! playbin2

gst-launch -v playbin2 uri=file://./fname.nuv

I have tried a few different files.  Perhaps there's some error common
to all of my files?  I can play them in VLC just fine, but on my N900, I
can't seek, which is why I want to transcode them.