[gst-devel] muxing and filesink

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:10:49 CET 2010

In your first pipeline it should be udpsink , not udpsrc.

Another thing is that you are not properly setting up rtp packets of encoded
data.
So I think your pipelines should look like this;

gst-launch videotestsrc ! videoscale ! videorate !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ffenc_mpeg4   ! rtpmp4vpay  ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000

gst-launch  udpsrc port=5000   !
application/x-rtp,media=video,payload=100,clock-rate=100000000,encoding-name=MP4V-ES
! rtpmp4vdepay  !
video/mpeg,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1,mpegversion=4,systemstream=false
! avimux  ! filesink location=test.avi

And I could  play this file using gst-launch playbin
uri=file:///home/maemo/test.avi

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Peter Innerhofer <
peter.innerhofer at student.tugraz.at> wrote:

> hello,
>
> i have an issue with multiplexing and writing a stream to a file.
>
> for example:
> gst-launch v4l2src ! videoscale ! videorate !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ffenc_mpeg4 ! avimux ! filesink location=test.avi
>
> ok, this stream works fine. vlc can open and show codec meta data. but
> now i send the stream to a udpsink and receive it.
>
> gst-launch v4l2src ! videoscale ! videorate !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> ffenc_mpeg4 ! udpsrc host=127.0.0.1 port=5000
>
> gst-launch udpsrc port=5000 ! video/mpeg, width=(int)640,
> height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)25/1, mpegversion=(int)4,
> systemstream=(boolean)false ! avimux ! queue ! filesink location=test.avi
>
> now the video wont play in vlc and i cant open it in video editing
> programs which are not based on gstreamer, they can't find any codec
> details
>
> ideas? what's wrong here, i have tried several multiplexer
> (mpegtsmux,qtmux,ffmux_mp4), but its the same. shall i exit the pipeline
> in an other way? (not just interrupting it)
>
> i build a python script around this pipelines and i can start/stop the
> stream with keyboard input, setting the pipelines to NULL and to
> PLAYING.... sometimes the stream is playable in vlc, but mostly not.
>
> thx
>  peter

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht