[gst-devel] Unknown error 513 in pthread_create after several hours of running a Gstreamer based application

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:36:09 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:04 AM, parveen.jain <parveen.jain at one97.net> wrote:

..snip..

> I clearly see most of RAM is now in form of cache. I still didn’t stop my
> application and allowed it run for few more hours and after sometime I see
> that process give segmentation fault while creating the pthread
> (create_pthread::unknown error 513).I also tried to observe the “core” file
> of application created in this way , but it doesn’t’ show anything.

An apparently good guide I found with google on how to tune the page cache:

http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/linux-pdflush.htm

Are you writing any data to file from your threads?

..snip..

> No need to mentioned that any help or clue will be highly appreciated and
> regardedJ

since you've already seen that the increased memory usage is not due
to GStreamer but to the page cache, I'd suggest you to post the
question to your distro's ML, probably they'll have better answers
than I do ;).

Regards