[gst-devel] Receiving data from an old Kasenna server.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:03:48 CET 2010

Hi all.
I've got a problem with receiving data from an old Kasenna server.
This server stores files and streams them on demand.

It accepts RTSP connections and understand RTSP protocol statements, but
differs from the modern VOD streaming servers in two aspects:
 - it sends XML-like data instead of SDP and calls them
application/x-rtsp-mh
 - it sends raw mpeg2-ts data over UDP, its packets don't have RTP headers.

I've patched RTSPsrc, and now it can detect Kasenna server from the
"Server:" header in responses, and translate x-rtsp-mh message to the SDP
one.

Everything is happening in playbin2.

Currently RTSPsrc creates two udpsrcs and links one of them with typefind
element (see the attached picture
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n3054125/player.png
player.png ).
The link from rtspsrc to the typefind has caps video/mpegts, systemstream =
true, packetsize = 188, npt-start = 0, npt-stop=3170000000, play-speed=1,
play-scale=1

It is the MPEG-2 transport stream, indeed, but its head contains several
dozens of zeroes.
However, typefind element detects it as "video/mpeg, systemstream=false,
mpegversion=1".

Since I'm in the middle of patching rtspsrc I can affect its outgoing caps
in any manner.
How should I change them, so that typefind detect the stream correctly?