[gst-devel] udpsink to udpsrc choppy - stacato sine wave

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Nov 23 01:30:52 CET 2010

Ok, first my apologies for being an idiot.  The stupid TI board does use
90000, but I tried this only on the PC.  It helps if you remember what you
did.  So, to all, my apologies for the 90000 stuff.  I'll work on that next.

I tried the suggested pipeline with the caps taken out of the udpsrc and
turned into a capsfilter.  Worked like a charm on the single PC.

Running the receiver pipe on the Ti dm365 EVM with TIAuddec1 replacing
ffdec_aac, and changing pulsesink to alsasink sync=false, also works great.

Sending from the TI board is, however, not quite right yet.  Using the
receiver pipe on the host PC I still get choppy output.  It really does seem
to need a rate near 90000.  Hunting around gave me more or less better Morse
code when rate is set between 60000 and 100000.  Changing pulse sync from
false to true gives me either rapid stacato beeps or long slow been that are
clearly sine waves, just chopped every so many milliseconds.

Well, more tomorrow.

Wes