[gst-devel] How to create a video recording buffer from a live broadcast and read from it at the same time

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:40:48 CET 2010

Hi Marco Ballesio thank you again for the support. Before I start to implement your proposals, I want to ask you some questions. Let me respond to your request first
> only. Do you have special requirements about using SIP in your AS
> media controller?
No, I don't have. I can use RTSP.

> Wim's rtsp streaming server will probably help you with all of this:
Thank you. I'll download and check it.

My questions are:
- Is it possible to read from a file that is being written by another process? I mean the second server is going to read from teh file that the first server is writing to.

> by periodically looping (through a timer) on the first server you may
> implement a basic way to re-start the file each n minutes.

Please clarify what you mean by restart the file.

> More elegant ways may involve a valve element and transitions to NULL
> state/eos for the filesink element only.

What will this (valve) element do?

Thank you.

Best regards,

- Zelalem S.