[gst-devel] Report file availability while pipeline is running.

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:38:02 CET 2010

Hi,

sorry for the late reply..

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Mihai Stoica <mihai.stoica at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to check for a local file's availability while a gstreamer pipeline
> using it as filesrc is running.

Trying to access a file which is not present in the filesystem will
obviously return an error, so you would know from that the the file is
not available, but I feel like I'm not grasping the essence of your
question..

> Does anyone know if this verification can be done using GSTreamer API?
> Maybe buffering in small segments from local disk (but I know that buffering
> is possible only for network streams)....

so maybe you actually want to know how much of a file is still
available while playing it.. or are you accessing from a consumer
process while a producer one is storing it?

Regards