[gst-devel] Please, explain about PushSrc.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:48:51 CET 2010

It is recommended that network sources, as ftpsrc should subclass from
PushSrc.
That is, if I understood, they always drive the pipeline.

Suppose, I have a gigabit network and play a movie from an FTP-server with
my ftpsrc in the playbin2.
If the movie bitrate is about 5Mb/s, then it can be downloaded much faster
than the playbin2 plays it.

Who will tell the FTP server to pause transmission for a while, because our
buffers are full?
Or, will this end with the whole file stored in RAM? I'd like to avoid the
latest case.