[gst-devel] List All Properties of an Element

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Nov 30 15:02:24 CET 2010

Hi All,

Is there a way to list all the readable, writeable or both properties for a
specific element?  For example, a call that returns something like a
GParamSpec that lists the type and name for all the properties of ffenc_aac?

I assume this requires a call to either g_object_class_list_properties () or
g_object_interface_list_properties().  What is not completely clear is
whether gst elements, i.e. ffenc_aac or filesrc or whatever, are object
class names as defined by these two calls and whether the gst properties are
class or interface properties.  Do I need something (what?) to get the
object class from an instance of a gst element?

GParamSpec**    g_object_class_list_properties( GObjectClass *oclass, guint
*n_properties );

Thanks for any help.  This is for a debug routine that I'll happily share if
I get it working.

Wes