[gst-devel] How to avoid action missed

Rodman zhyueslum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:31:50 CET 2010

Hello,
    I'm working on a player with UI. PLAY/PAUSE button will call
gst_element_set_state() to control the pipeline directly.
    I met an issue that if I press PLAY/PAUSE quickly, then the return of
set state will be GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC, then the operation will be delay.
Then I add gst_element_get_state() at the beginning of the function, and
timeout is 10ms, if the return value is GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC, then do
nothing but ruturn. Then some operation will be missed.
    Do you have any suggestion to ensure the operations are all processed
and on time?
    Thanks.