[gst-devel] continuous video timestamps after seek

fannys at gmx.net fannys at gmx.net
Fri Oct 1 04:35:45 CEST 2010

Hello

I'm streaming a video  using the gstrtpbin element. If the end of the video stream is reached I want to replay the video in a loop without breaking the rtp stream.

To rewind the video I perform a flushing seek after I received the eos message. This works but the consequence is that the timestamps of the video jump back to zero. This causes invalid timestamp errors in the ffenc_mpeg4 encoding element.

How I can provide continuous timestamps after rewinding the file?

Sample pipeline:
gst-lauch  -vvv filesrc location=test.avi ! avidemux ! xviddec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! rawparse ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! rtpmp4vpay ! .send_rtp_sink_0
gstrtpbin ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=1234

gst_element_seek( pipeline, (double)1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,sec,GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE,GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE))

Fanny

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl