[gst-devel] gst_parse_bin_from_description ghost pads

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Mon Oct 4 20:06:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use the gst_parse_bin_from_description function. I'm able
to get it working if I put a full pipeline inside the description, but
if I try something like thist:

gst_parse_bin_from_description("videotestsrc ! decodebin2", TRUE);

I can't connect the decodebin2 pad (when it's created) to a sink. I
trying connecting the 'pad-added' signal of the Bin to a callback, but
it's never invoked.

I suppose that I need to connect the decodebin2 'pad-added' signal
instead the bin one, but I don't know how to get the decodebin2 element
inside the bin.

Furthermore, about the TRUE argument passed to the function, why is not
created a ghost pad on the bin to connect the decodebin2 one to the
"outside" bin world? Is it because the decodebin2 doesn't have a source
pad at the bin creation time?

Thanks in advance.