[gst-devel] gst_parse_bin_from_description ghost pads

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Mon Oct 4 22:46:27 CEST 2010

El Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:18:15 -0300
Luciana Fujii Pontello <luciana at holoscopio.com> escribió:
> You can use gst_bin_get_by_name (). Or you can create the bin using
> other methods. I suggest creating the elements by hand and adding them
> to the bin yourself.

Yes, I used your suggestion before, but now using a pipeline-like
description is mandatory. I need to connect a described bin to one
custom element (experimental, wroten in Python elements)

> I believe it is. You should probably add the ghost pad to your Bin and
> link the bin to your sink, and then set the ghost pad target inside
> the callback from "new-decoded-pad" signal.

On that way I need to have access to the last element of the bin. My
problem with that (and then, for use gst_bin_get_by_name) is I don't
know the element name (maybe pre-processing the bin description
string?).

My target is to get a program that reads a description of a Bin from
the command-line argument and then link, at the end of the bin, another
element.

Regards and thanks for your answer, it was very helpful!