[gst-devel] Grab video

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Oct 8 13:38:39 CEST 2010

On 10/08/2010 02:55 AM, Andrey Nechypurenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> One final question: I'd like to resize the data, e.g. from 720x480 to 360x240
>> before the encode, but none of the pipelines I've tried (yes, I'm new to this!)
>> seem to even want to run.  Mostly, I get messages about not being able to connect
>> one endpoint to another, but I really don't understand either the messages or the
>> process.
>
> I am doing similar things and the following pipelines work for me on
> x86 with x264enc and on BeagleBoard correspondently:
>
> v4l2src do-timestamp=true !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1 ! videoscale
> name=qos-scaler ! capsfilter name=qos-caps
> caps=video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! x264enc name=encoder
> byte-stream=true bitrate=300 speed-preset=superfast subme=6 !
> rtph264pay pt=96 ! appsink
>
> v4l2src always-copy=FALSE !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1 ! videoscale
> name=qos-scaler ! capsfilter name=qos-caps
> caps=video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)UYVY ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc
> engineName=codecServer bitRate=30000 genTimeStamps=TRUE
> byteStream=TRUE ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! appsink
>
> I've also manage to run the pipeline which uses TIVidResize (hardware
> resizer on DSP) instead of videoscale which runs on ARM. However it
> works only if I precisely specify a lot of caps (such as fourcc
> format, etc.). It makes it difficult to change between different
> cameras, that is why I am currently not using it.

How did you get TIVidResize to run on the BeagleBoard?  I'm running
on a similar OMAP/3530 and the TI DVSDK I have doesn't seem to support
it on the OMAP.  I built my tools using Angstrom, with these versions:
   ti-biosutils-1_02_02-r1
   ti-cgt6x-1_6_1_14-r4
   ti-codec-engine-2_25_05_16-r5
   ti-codecs-omap3530-1_1_01_00-r2
   ti-dmai-1_2_10_00_01+svnr423-r1l
   ti-dspbios-5_41_04_18-r1
   ti-dsplink-1_1_65_00_03-r1h
   ti-edma3lld-01_11_00_03-r0
   ti-framework-components-2_25_02_06-r1
   ti-linuxutils-1_2_25_04_10-r0
   ti-local-power-manager-1_1_24_02_09-r1d
   ti-xdais-6_25_02_11-r1
   ti-xdctools-3_20_01_51-r2

Also, do you find the TIVidenc1 working well?

Finally, do you know of a better place than the gstreamer list to
discuss these items?  (I'm really not a fan of the TI forums as I
find them useless, bottomless holes...)

Thanks