[gst-devel] GStreamer element implemented as Linux kernel module?

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Oct 8 09:07:40 CEST 2010

 v4l2src from the video4linux2 is a nice example.  It resides in gst-plugins-
good/sys/v4l2.

 But I don't see why you would need this to optimize buffer copying.  Unless
you do something like videocrop, there shouldn't be any buffer copying, except
at the source and sink.  And there you already have some elements that use
kernel buffers directly (e.g. v4l2src and v4l2sink :-)

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540