[gst-devel] Switching two video sources with input-selector

Victor Héry victor.hery.polytech at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 12:30:55 CEST 2010

  Hello,

I tried to work with input-selector some times ago, with two filesrc.
Unfortunately, it never worked. For me, it seems that input-selector
doesn't work with non-live video stream...

So, perhaps your input-selector sometimes works is because it works when
you switch on videotestsrc, and it doesn't work when you switch on the
filesrc ?

I have to admit I never found a solution to use input-selector and
filesrc. (And for my own part, I use uridecodebin than filesrc).

But, we have the idea to use Gstreamer (or any other streaming software)
to stream the filesrc, and catch the stream with Gstreamer. Then, the
video stream is a live-video, so input-selector has to work on it. I
haven't the time to test this idea, so I don't know if it works, but it
was the most simple thing we could think about to use input-selector...

I hope I could help more, but anyway if you found a solution to use
input-selector with filesrc, I am really interrested ti know your results.

Regards,

Victor Héry