[gst-devel] Switching two video sources with input-selector

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Mon Oct 11 09:52:21 CEST 2010

On 09/10/10 01:34, Luciana Fujii Pontello wrote:
> Hi,
> Check if you've sent the right file. There is a missing method (on_eos)
> and filename is never used.
Hi Luciana!

Well, actually it was the right file, but the file was not right :-)

I extended a previous example (see the comments), which was missing that
method too (bad excuse, I know).
But the program still runs and (I think) it shows how to use
input-selector. The unused 'filename' is mine...

I send the file fixed. I just replaced 'filename' with 'filepath', and
added the method on_eos in SwitchTest class:
######
   def on_eos(self):
       self.stop()
######

> I'm interested in that because when I had to use input-selector with
> filesrc it not always worked. It does switch sometimes, but then it
> freezes.

I think the problem is when a filesrc is connected to an
input-selector's sink, but not selected, the filesrc it is running at
very high speed. So you can switch sometimes, but it reaches the end of
the stream very quickly, and then you cannot play it anymore.
I think the most desirable behaviour of input-selector would be all
sources running at normal speed, or al least, non-selected sources
paused (volunteers...? :-)

> Regards,
>
> Luciana Fujii

Thanks!