[gst-devel] Binary installer for GStreamer 0.10.29 on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)

David Liu davel at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 11 12:16:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

I (along with many other people) have been looking for a binary installer for
GStreamer on Mac OS X for quite some time.

Andrés Colubri and others have made great progress so far, but I've had some
more imminent needs and have subsequently developed a simple click-through
installer package using MacPorts and XCode's PackageMaker.

It's a simple installer with no options - easy enough for non-technical people
to use. After installation, the standard GStreamer command line utilities
(e.g. gst-launch) can be used directly from a Terminal console command line.
Applications can bind to the GStreamer libraries using absolute paths (pointing
to symlinks inside /System/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/...)

The Snow Leopard installer package and more info is available on my website:

http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~davel/gstreamer/

Cheers,

- Dave L