[gst-devel] IEC958 caps

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:50:32 CEST 2010

> Are you going to add a pre-emphasis property?

No, I was not planning to fill the channel status or user bits. My
experience is that most receivers ignore channel status bits since
they are vastly unreliable. Most solutions actually check the data
stream and do not trust the information in those control bits.

> An HDCD property would also be interesting.  It can be auto-detected,
> but perhaps there might be cases where it's already known to be present,
> or where you want to detect it w/o decoding it.

I am looking at passing data that's already compressed through
alsasink/pulsesink. I don't really see how this could be of any
interested for HDCD, i.e. PCM only?
-Pierre