[gst-devel] Image Freeze

Michael Joachimiak mjoachimiak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:25:49 CEST 2010

I think what you describe is not a frozen image but a way to inform the
receiver that smth is wrong with the input.
The image is streamed so the data comes in all the time. The only way is to
detect a blue screen by analysis of the image ( histogram maybe)
If you expect a ready plugin for detection a blue image I doubt there is
smth like that.
Maybe frei0r-filter-g (-r,-b) would help. But I don't have any experience
with that.
BR
2010/10/13 Thierry Panthier <thierry.devel at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing an application that uses GStreamer to play video streams
> using RTSP.
>
> The RTSP server is an off-the-shelf board that streams MJPEG video from
> analogue cameras.
>
> If a camera is unplugged this board streams a still blue image. And I need
> to be able to detect it.
>
> I found out a plugin called *imagefreeze* that creates a stream from an
> image file. But what I want is a plugin that detects a frozen video stream.
>
> Would anyone know a plugin with similar functionality? Is anyone developing
> something similar?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Thierry

Your Sincerely