[gst-devel] media file with data corruption

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Oct 15 15:12:49 CEST 2010

Am 13.10.2010 09:54, schrieb cristiurban:

> Hello,
> I am trying to make a gstreamer application that detects corrupted files(for
> example a mp3 file). I don't have so much experience, if anyone can tell me
> where to look or investigate to make my program work!
> I guess , I'm not sure, but does it have something to do with filters?
>
> Cristi.

As edward wrote most 'issues' only appear in the log as
GST_{ERROR,WARNING,DEBUG,INFO,LOG} calls. Instead the plugins could use
GST_ELEMENT_{ERROR,WARNING,INFO} more and e.g. post a GstStreamError (e.g.
GST_STREAM_ERROR_FORMAT, GST_STREAM_ERROR_DEMUX or GST_STREAM_ERROR_DECODE). It
would be easy to add more codes.

You wound need to start looking at clips that are known to be wrong and check if
an error is posted, if not check if there is a log entry to see if the issue is
caught and then make a patch.

Stefan