[gst-devel] Using a Bin

David Liu davel at itee.uq.edu.au
Sat Oct 16 12:44:04 CEST 2010

On 16/10/2010, at 2:25 AM, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to build a pipeline using an element and a Bin.
>
> I can connect both (videotestsrc to a bin with decodebi2 and
> autovideosink inside).
>
> I add both (decodebin2 and autovideosink) to the bin, and then, added
> videotestsrc and the bin to a pipeline.
>
> At the end, I link the videotestsrc to the bin, and it doesn't work.

The pipeline you describe doesn't actually work (connecting a videotestsrc to decodebin2), i.e.:

Daves-MacBook-Pro:bin dave$ gst-launch videotestsrc ! bin. \( decodebin2 ! autovideosink \)
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0: Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2543): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...
Daves-MacBook-Pro:bin dave$

However, if you provide an encoded media file then it works fine:

Daves-MacBook-Pro:videos dave$ gst-launch filesrc location=Jumper.mov ! bin. \( decodebin2 name=a a. ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! autoaudiosink a. ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink \)
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...