[gst-devel] Choppy Audio over UDP

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:34:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Wes Miller <wmiller at sdr.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Progress!  I added an gstrtpjitterbuffer with various latencies.  Helped a
> lot but I still get dropout and the audio plays justa little too fast.
>  Does
> require sync=true on alsasink.

Yes, it does ;)

> Any additional suggestion?

UDP does not include timestamps out of the box, so you'll very likely always
experience dropouts with such a setup. What you definitely need there for
good timing is RTP.

I suggest you to take advantage of the rtpbin which covers all the basic
aspects of multimedia transmission over the network (yes, there's even a
jitterbuffer there ;) ).

More infos and examples at:

http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-gstrtpbin.html

Regards