[gst-devel] DV capture pipeline frozen

startoftext startoftext at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 21:46:08 CEST 2010

I am having a similar problem. I have a program written in C that uses
x264enc and some other stuff and after the upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04, from
9.something, it stopped working and would only show the first frame in
preview window with 0 byte size output file. After playing around with
things I was able to re-produce the same results with something as simple as
the pipeline below in gst-launch:

gst-launch v4l2src ! tee name="vtee" ! x264enc ! flvmux ! filesink
location=vid.flv vtee. ! xvimagesink

Interesting thing is if I just send the video to xvimage sink, it plays. If
i only send video to the encoder and mux part of the pipeline that records a
file just fine. Combine them and FREEZE. I dont mean to steal this post but
I think our problems may be related.