[gst-devel] Choppy Audio over UDP

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Oct 19 16:18:24 CEST 2010

Marco,

Better, still not quite right.

Removing audioconvert and audioresample on both sender and receiver seem to
have little or no effect, so they are now out.

Pulsesink is working on the receiver (my Linux workstation/host).  I can use
pulsesrc on the sender wince Ti/RidgeRun don't seem to include the pulse
stuff in their ports of gst.  I keep eading about alsa hardware on the
Leopardboard...???

I used fakesink to get the sender caps (from fakesink0:Gstpad:sink) and I
notice that the ssrc, clock-base and seqnum change every time I run the
pipeline.

If the clock-base is different each time I start the sender, how can the
receiver ever actually match the sender?

Is there a tcp-ish way to pass the caps to the receiver and insert them in
the receiver pipeline? (sounds like a great, first, element writing project,
doesn't it?)

I've tried to find out what ssrc is/are and can't find a description.  So
what is it? Does it matter?

As ever, many thanks,

Wes