[gst-devel] long pauses when viewing RTSP stream

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:40:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Doug Crawford <dcraw101 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am viewing a RTSP stream from an AXIS 241Q video server and displaying it
> on my OMAP3EVM board.  My gstreamer pipeline is: gst-launch rtspsrc
> location=rtsp://10.5.5.33/mpeg4/media.amp ! decodebin2 ! TIDmaiVideoSink
> videoStd=VGA videoOutput=LCD sync=false rotation=90
>
> The video pauses for about 5 seconds then plays very fast for about 2
> seconds and this keeps repeating over and over.  Any ideas?

According to:

https://gstreamer.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/forum/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=3676&action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=187

The problem is definitely in the decoder, which appears to be buffering 1.5
mb of data, probably with wrong latency info. I suggest you to:

1) remove the sync=false from the video sink element.
2) try and set the max-lateness property of the sync to something above 2
seconds
3) read the similar threads on this mailing list ;).

Regards