[gst-devel] Request of including gstradiotuner plugin to gst-plugins-*

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 01:14:59 CEST 2010

Hello,

a couple of months ago I asked here about GStreamer plugin for
interacting with FM tuner. Unfortunately I've learned that v4l2src
isn't fit for that purpose and a member suggested me the source code
which implement some of plugin for such a case. I found it very useful
for my problem but it wasn't so GStreamer-style as I would like (it
didn't support GstTuner interface at all, for instance) and I decided
to improve it and upload to Sourceforge here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gstradiotuner/ Soon one user who tried
the plugin reported about the problems and we improved the plugin very
significantly to make it match the rules of V4L2 API in terms of
working with FM tuners. After all the fixes and patches now I'm quite
sure that it's stable enough. On the other side it's quite small and
simple to maintain.

So the question is: could it be included to gst-plugins-* package? I
think many users would expect GStreamer element to interact with FM
tuners, but GStreamer plugins miss such element now although it's
quite simple and I see no reasons why not to provide such
functionality in official plugins package.

If it's possible I could follow the steps of procedure of addition the
plugin if there's one and maintain the plugin already inside the
gst-plugins-* package.