[gst-devel] How can playing the flac files with ffmpeg instead of flacdec

Hen-Hsen Huang huangs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 15:23:08 CEST 2010

Dears,

There are something wrong on my embedded system (BealgeBoard) that the flac
decoder (i.e. libflac8 runtime) fails on CRC mismatch for some flac files.
The libflac8 runtime is also evoked by gst-flacdec, hence for these files
the gstreamer halts decoding in playing.

However, these files can be played perfectly with mplayer. If I am correct,
mplayer plays the flac with ffmpeg decoder, instead of the libflac8 runtime
that used by gstreamer. For this reason, how can I force gstreamer to play
the flac with ffmpeg decoder instead the flacdec?