[gst-devel] xvimagesink not displaying irregular sized video

Erik Blankinship jedierikb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 18:57:51 CEST 2010

I have some irregular sized (330x200) theora files.  I am having trouble
setting up pipelines to play them with xvimagesink (no problem with fakesink
:-) )

gst-launch filesrc=how.ogv ! decodebin ! xvimagesink

Failed to create output image buffer of 330x200 pixels
Additional debug info:
xvimagesink.c(2348): gst_xvimagesink_show_frame ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0:
XServer allocated buffer size did not match input buffer

If I know the dimensions of the files ahead of time, can I use that
information to solve this playback problem?  I tried adding videoscale to
the pipeline to no avail.