[gst-devel] How to Implement Gstreamer with QObject model

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:20:45 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM, namus <suman.subj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys ,
> I heard that Gstreamer works on GObject model .
> Is it possible to integrate Gstreamer with QEventLoop ie ., QObject model?
> In GObject model ,while playing the pipeline . we use g_main_loop_new() api
> to get a GMainLoop pointer .
> & then we will add an buscall watch to catch EOS & we will quit the mainloop
> using g_main_loop_quit() api.
> In QObject Model , does we need to use QEventLoop pointer or How does it
> goes?
> Do we have Gstreamer documentation / tutorials wrt to QObject model .
> Pls le t me know .
> Regards,
> Suman.

As far as I know the only thing that needs integration with the
QEventLoop is the bus messages. On X11, if Qt is compiled with GLib
support enabled, it is possible to use the GStreamer API without doing
anything else, just like you would use it with GLib/GObject. On other
platforms (and X11 with GLib support disabled), you need to poll the
bus for messages from the Qt event loop.

You might be interested in QtGStreamer [1], which already has this
kind of integration with the Qt event loop. Note that this library is
still a work in progress and it has no compatibility promises yet.

Regards,
George

[1]. http://gitorious.org/qtgstreamer