[gst-devel] Memory usage is increasing Gstreamer testing

Parveen Kumar Jain parveen.jain at one97.net
Fri Oct 29 14:16:17 CEST 2010

Hi All,
  I am using Gstreamer for one of my bulk call video calling application,
using sip as my signalling part.I tried to make around 60 simulative
video calls without much of the problem on a IBM server(4 GB RAM,Intel
QuadCore,Linux 64 bit).
  But somehow, after around 15-17 hours of testing, I see that "free memory"
left in the system is only 300 -400 MB, which initially was around 2.5 GB.
>From "process id details" I can see that there is not much increase of
"RESIDENT" and "VIRTUAL" memory usage in my "application process".
Can any one please comment/help on this behavior of system ? why overall
system memory is increasing  ?
At this kind of video OBD load, I had seen that Gstreamer creates around
600-700 threads.Can it be a source of this problem?

Best Regards,
Parveen Jain