[gst-devel] GstBaseSink - getcaps

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:34:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

If my X11 settings are 32 bpp then an annoying thing is that running
"gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! "video/x-raw-rgb, bpp=16, depth=16" !
ximagesink" gives me an error from videotestsrc but I think the error should
come from ximagesink.

In ximagesink::gst_ximagesink_getcaps, the xcontext->caps is setup to bpp=32
and depth=24, so I think at this point it should check that this is not
compatible with the required caps from my capfilter.

The error is:
"videotestsrc0 : Could not negotiate format"
and I think it should be:
"ximagesink0 : Could not negotiate format"

Any comment ?

Sincerely
Julien