[gst-devel] Trouble changing subtitles while stream is running.

Dan Saul daniel.saul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 03:32:23 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've been developing a simple video player. I've got to the point
where I need to enable track changing. I've been having some trouble
with this.

For the video and audio tracks, initially I wasn't able to change the
tracks without the video pausing.
I was able to solve this however with a call gst_element_seek_simple
with the same time as current but with the flush option.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked for the text track. When I set the
current-text property the playback will freeze. Sometimes the program
will dead-lock. If it doesn't dead lock and just freezes I can
unfreeze it by seeking to a time far away from the current time. At
this point the subtitles will have changed.

Here is the code I am using to change the subtitle. I must be missing something.

http://code.google.com/p/ude-movie-player/source/browse/trunk/PlayerWidget.py?spec=svn81&r=79#167

Thanks for taking a look,
Dan