[gst-devel] Gstreamer And Eclipse

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 01:30:03 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 00:38 -0700, frknml wrote:

> I have created a c++ project in my eclipse,and gstreamer-0.10 folder in my
> /usr/include directory.
>
> I'm only trying to include <gstreamer-0.10/gst/gst.h> library but it gives
> hundreds of errors :)

That's not going to work, and not how it's supposed to work.

You need to get the include paths to pass to the compiler using

 pkg-config --cflags gstreamer-0.10

and then

 #include <gst/gst.h>

How this has to be done exactly in Eclipse I don't know, but pkg-config
is a pretty standard tool on linux so I'm sure there's a solution for
this.

(The reason this doesn't work is that there are includes in other
directories as well - glib for example may have platform-specific
headers in /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include that are needed).

Cheers
 -Tim