[gst-devel] some issues when trying to save content to disk during http progressive downloaded

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Wed Sep 8 04:21:26 CEST 2010

Thanks.

I understand that there are possible headers at the START or the END, however my question is about the saved contents, not playback itself during progressive downloaded.

If I don't add a tee and filesink to save the content, all my mentioned contents can playback in progressive downloaded well.

Especially for the mp4 contents mentioned, files are different (even file size) between save during playback and save directly from souphttpsrc:
gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location=http:// 10.238.37.11/share/media/video/test.mp4 ! tee name=t ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink t. ! queue ! filesink location=test.mp4

gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location=http:// 10.238.37.11/share/media/video/test.mp4 ! filesink location=/home/halley/swap/streaming/test2.mp4

I suspect soup request header at the END of the mp4 file when playback starts, but this header isn't save to file by filesink.