[gst-devel] How can I know that playbin2 has created rtspsrc element, as soon as possible?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:52:03 CEST 2010

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote:

>> How can I know that playbin2 has created rtspsrc element, as soon as
>> possible?
>>
>   g_signal_connect (playbin2, "notify::source",
>       G_CALLBACK (configure_source), NULL);

Great! Thanks!

Till now I was experimenting with the element-added signal.
Just for the information - how can I catch all "element-added" signals
non-depending of their source?
And more specific - what is the GType of the GstBin? (wonder if this my
question is correct at all :)) )

I've found g_signal_add_emission_hook() function.
It requires signal-ID and signal-details Quark.
I could get them from g_signal_parse_name, but its second parameter is
"GType itype - The interface/instance type that introduced "signal-name".
So, how should I fill this parameter?