[gst-devel] RTSPSrc. Please help me understand what's happening.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:31:38 CEST 2010

I am developing a universal media player, capable also to play RTSP streams.
My player uses playbin2.
The player has connected to the server, and the server streams a media to
it.
Wireshark shows incoming RTP packets. They constitute a valid mpeg2
transport stream.
rtspsrc also exchanges messages with the server (request GET_PARAMETER,
response - OK)

However, I don't see any pictures and cannot hear a sound in my headphones.

The dot file with the pipeline shows that playbin2 has created decodebin2
instance.
It has found that incoming data have two elementary streams with the
capabilities audio/mpeg, mpegversion: 2 and video/mpeg, mpegversion: 2
It has also created mpeg2dec instance and connected its src pad with the
proxy pad.
Audio data processing has stopped on creation ofthe  mpegaudioparse
instance.
And that's all.

The pipeline is the following:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n2531511/0.00.26.332028000-player.dot
0.00.26.332028000-player.dot (22kb) , produced png:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n2531511/0.00.26.332028000-player.png
0.00.26.332028000-player.png (450kb)