[gst-devel] data-sink in rsvgoverlay

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Thu Sep 9 14:12:15 CEST 2010

Hello

I have implemented a data-sink to feed SVG data to the proposed new
rsvgoverlay element. However, I still have one issue: the following
pipeline:

pygst-launch videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! rsvgoverlay name=overlay ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink filesrc blocksize=102400 location=/tmp/a.svg ! image/svg ! overlay.data_sink

works only if I specify the blocksize= parameter to filesrc, so that the
SVG file is sent as one chunk. It greatly simplifies the rsvgoverlay
code to make this assumption (else I would have to gather chunks in the
overlay code to build the whole data). However, the blocksize hack is
not satisfactory. Is there any way to specify this (whole files wanted)
in the pad definition? I am attaching the code to also get some feedback
about problems that could still be there.

Thanks for any hint.
Olivier